+86 (0)10 6275-6541
Room 2261, No. 2 Science BuildingVisual Information Processing and Neuromorphic Computing http://idm.pku.edu.cn/en/info/1009/1022.htm
Huang Tiejun, Ph.D., is a professor and the director of the Institute for Digital Media Technology, the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University. He is also the vice director of the National Engineering Lab for Video technology of China from 2009. He was awarded as the New Century Excellent Talents by the Ministry of Education of China in 2011.
Education and Professional Experience
• 2006~now: Professor (from 2009), the School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University. Received the ICBC Bank Award to Peking University Faculty in 2008 and the TICO Group Award to Faculty of the School of EE&CS in 2009.
• 2011.2~8: Visiting professor of the Stanford University. Hosted by Prof. Bernd Girod, the director of the Image, Video and Multimedia Systems Group of the Department of Electrical Engineering
• 2005~now: involves in Digital Media Project (DMP) and contributes to the DMP IDP-2 specification and leads the reference software development. Became the member of Board of Director of DMP from 2007.
• 2002~2005: The deputy director, then director of the Research Center for Digital Media of the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The associate professor the School of Information Science and Engineering. The main work there focuses on the China-US Million Book Project.
• 2002~now: co-founder of the Audio and Video Coding Standard Working group of China (short for AVS) as the secretary general. AVS was awarded the Top Ten Innovation of Information Industry in 2007, the First Prize for Contribution to Chinese National Standard of the 2007 and the First level Prize of the Chinese Institute of Electronics in 2010.
• 1999~2001: Worked on 5C (Computer, Communication, Consumer electronics, Content and Community) convergence as postdoctoral research staff of the Institute for Computing Technology in the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
• 1995~1998: Received Ph.D. Degree on Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis from Huazhong (Central China) University of Science and Technology.
• 1988~1995: Master and bachelor degree on Computer Sciences from Wuhan University of Technology.
Prof. Huang is the member of the Advisory Board of IEEE Computing Now, the Board of Director Digital Media Project, and the Editorial Board of Springer 3D Research Journal. In China, he is a council member of Chinese Institute of Electronics, the head of the China delegation of MPEG, a senior member of China Computer Federation. He is also the member of China National Standardization Theory and Methodology Standardization Technical Committee and the Multimedia subgroup of the China National Informational Technology Standardization Technical Committee.
As a key member of the organization committees, Prof. Huang served multiple conferences sponsored by IEEE and other academic organizations,
• Local Chair of the coming ISCAS 2013 (IEEE Intl. Symposium on Circuits and Systems)
• Special session Chair of the VCIP 2011 (IEEE Intl. Conf. on Visual Communications and Image Processing)
• Local Chair of the MMSP 2011 (IEEE Intl. Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing)
• Finance Chair of the ICMI-MLMI 2010 (Intl. Conf. on Multimodal Interface/Workshop on Machine Learning for Multimodal Interface)
• Finance Chair of the ACM Multimedia 2009
• Member of Intl. Programme Committee of the AXMEDIS2007 (The 3rd Intl. Conf. on Automating Production of Cross Media Content for Multi-channel Distribution)
• Member of Intl. Programme Committee of the MCAM'07 (The Intl. Workshop on Multimedia Content Analysis and Mining)