Room 206-2,Courtyard No.5, JingyuanComputer Graphics, Character Animation, Physics-Based Simulation, Motion Control, Robotics http://cfcs.pku.edu.cn/libinliu/
Dr. Libin Liu joined Peking University in July 2020 and is currently an assistant professor at Center on Frontiers of Computing Studies, PKU. Before joining CFCS, Dr. Liu was the Chief Scientist of DeepMotion Inc. He was a R&D postdoctoral associate at Disney Research in 2015-2017 and a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of British Columbia in 2014-2015. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2014 and bachelor’s degree in Physics and Mathematics in 2009 from Tsinghua University. His research interests include computer graphics, character animation, physics-based simulation, motion control, and related areas such as optimization, reinforcement learning, and deep learning. Dr. Liu had published 9 papers on the top conferences and journals in computer graphics. He had regularly served on the program committees of many major conferences on computer graphics, including ACM SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, Pacific Graphics, etc.
At CFCS, Dr Libin Liu will continue his research in computer graphics, animation, and motion control, and will explore the applications in robot design and control, human motion analysis, and medical AI. In addition, Dr. Liu will teach undergraduate/graduate courses related to computer animation and motion intelligence.
Know more about Dr. Libin Liu: http://libliu.info
- Libin Liu, Jessica K. Hodgins. “Learning Basketball Dribbling Skills Using Trajectory Optimization and Deep Reinforcement Learning”. ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 37 Issue 4, Article 142 (SIGGRAPH 2018). to appear.
- Libin Liu, Jessica K. Hodgins. "Learning to Schedule Control Fragments for Physics-Based Characters Using Deep Q-Learning". ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 36 Issue 3, Article 29. presented at SIGGRAPH 2017.
- Libin Liu, Michiel van de Panne, KangKang Yin. "Guided Learning of Control Graphs for Physics-Based Characters". ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 35, Issue 2, Article 29. presented at SIGGRAPH 2016.
- Kai Ding, Libin Liu, Michiel van de Panne, KangKang Yin. "Learning Reduced-Order Feedback Policies for Motion Skills ". Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH / Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation 2015 (SCA Best Paper Award)
- Bin Wang, Longhua Wu, KangKang Yin, Uri Ascher, Libin Liu, Hui Huang. "Deformation Capture and Modeling of Soft Objects". ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 34, Issue 4, Article 94 (SIGGRAPH 2015) .
- Libin Liu, KangKang Yin, Baining Guo. "Improving Sampling-based Motion Control". Computer Graphics Forum 34(2) (Eurographics 2015).
- Libin Liu, KangKang Yin, Bin Wang, Baining Guo. "Simulation and Control of Skeleton-driven Soft Body Characters". ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 32, Issue 6, Article 215 (SIGGRAPH Asia 2013) .
- Libin Liu, KangKang Yin, Michiel van de Panne, Baining Guo. " Terrain Runner: Control, Parameterization, Composition, and Planning for Highly Dynamic Motions". ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 31, Issue 6, Article 154 (SIGGRAPH Asia 2012) .
- Libin Liu, KangKang Yin, Michiel van de Panne, Tianjia Shao Weiwei Xu. "Sampling-based Contact-rich Motion Control". ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol 29, Issue 4, Article 128 (SIGGRAPH 2010) .