ckkcdhComputational Models and Complexity, Pseudorandomness and Coding, Machine Learning, Networks https://sites.google.com/site/ckkcdh/home
Dr. Kuan Cheng joined Peking University in July 2020 and is currently an assistant professor at Center on Frontiers of Computing Studies, PKU. Previously he was a postdoc at University of Texas at Austin. He received his PhD in computer science from Johns Hopkins University in 2019. Before that he received his master degree in Tsinghua University and bachelor degree in Shandong University. His research interests mainly include computational models and complexity, pseudorandomness and coding. He is also interested in learning theory and networks. He has published many papers in top conferences of theoretical computer science such as FOCS, CCC, SODA, ICALP, TCC, etc. Major work of him focus on coding for edit distance and hamming distance, also derandomization for circuits and small space computation. He plans to further study these areas in the future, and also extends these results to other popular areas such as machine learning, quantum computation etc.
Know more about Dr. Kuan Cheng: https://sites.google.com/site/ckkcdh/home
- Kuan Cheng, Xin Li, "Efficient Document Exchange and Error Correcting Codes with Asymmetric Information". Arxiv preprint 2020.
- Kuan Cheng, Zhengzhong Jin, Xin Li, Yu Zheng. "Space Efficient Deterministic Approximation of String Measures". Arxiv preprint 2020.
- Kuan Cheng, William Hoza. "Hitting Sets Give Two-Sided Derandomization of Small Space". In Computational Complexity Conference (CCC) 2020.
- Kuan Cheng, Xin Li, Yu Zheng. "Locally Decodable Codes with Randomized Encoding". Arxiv preprint 2020.
- Kuan Cheng, Zhengzhong Jin, Xin Li, Ke Wu. "Block Edit Errors with Transpositions: Deterministic Document Exchange Protocols and Almost Optimal Binary Codes". In International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP) 2019.
- Kuan Cheng, Bernhard Haeupler, Xin Li, Amirbehshad Shahrasbi, Ke Wu. "Synchronization Strings: Efficient and Fast Deterministic Constructions over Small Alphabets". In ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA) 2019.
- Kuan Cheng, Zhengzhong Jin, Xin Li, Ke Wu. "Deterministic Document Exchange Protocols, and Almost Optimal Binary Codes for Edit Errors". In Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS) 2018.
- Kuan Cheng, Xin Li. "Randomness Extraction in AC0 and with Small Locality". In International Conference on Randomization and Computation (RANDOM) 2018.
- Kuan Cheng, Yuval Ishai, Xin Li. "Near-Optimal Secret Sharing and Error Correcting Codes in AC0". In Theory of Cryptography Conference (TCC) 2017.